Horry County Disabilities and Special Needs offers services for persons who have sustained a brain or spinal cord injury, or a similar disability. These include:
- The New Horizons Drop-In Center in Conway is a place where individuals who have sustained these types of injuries can receive help and support.
New Horizons is located at:
150 Waccamaw Medical Park Court, Conway, SC 29526
The following programs are available though this Center without the need of an individual’s meeting eligibility requirements.
- Support Groups
- Information and Support
- Are you new to Traumatic Brain or Spinal Cord Injury? This document will give you valuable information about services and opportunities.
- The services for persons with head or spinal cord injuries listed below require the establishment of eligibility.
- Case Management assists individuals in becoming eligible for services and in developing plans to improve their quality of life.
- Family supports offer services to families who are caring for an individual with a head or spinal cord injury.
- Job coach is a program that supports individuals in obtaining and maintaining employment in local businesses.
- HASCI Medicaid Waiver provides funding for some services for persons with head or spinal cord injury. Eligibility for this service is determined by the South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs in Columbia, SC. See the State DDSN Page to learn about eligibility for the Medicaid Waiver.
- Residential services will be available in the future and will require eligibility.