HCDSN Job Opportunities
Relief Direct Support Advocates:
- Multiple positions available with varied shifts & locations, no benefits, $10.11/hour
Direct Support Advocate Positions:
- 1 – 1st shift,fulltime (40 hour) position in the Conway ADC. This position pays $11.00 per hour and full benefits.
- 1 – fulltime (40 hour) position at the CRCF. This is a split shift position, paying $11.00 per hour and full benefits.
- 1 – 3rd shift, fulltime (40 hour) position at the CRCF. This position pays $11.00 per hour and full benefits.
- 1 – 2nd shift, full-time (40 hour) position at the Castlewood and Forestbrook Houses. This position pays $11.00 per hour and full benefits.
- 1 – 3rd shift, full-time (40 hour) position at the Castlewod and Forestbrook Houses. This position pays $11.00 per hour and full benefits.
- 1 – 3rd shift, full time (30 hour) position at the SLPI Enhanced Program. This position pays $11.00 per hour and pro-rated benefits.
Case Manager Position: 1 – position in Case Management. This is a 40-hour per week position with benefits. This position is currently paying $14.79 per hour. Case Managers must have a four-year degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in a human services field.
Horry County Disabilities and Special Needs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or in any other way. Employees must be able to perform physical tasks including lifting, etc. as described in the job descriptions.
Horry County Disabilities and Special Needs is a Drug Free and Smoke Free Workplace.
* See Residential Programs for description of SLP II, CRCF and CTH II.
** See Day Program for description of activities.
*** See Early Intervention for description of Early Intervention services.
**** See HASCI Services for description of HASCI services
Candidates offered employment with Horry County Disabilities and Special Needs are required to furnish/complete the following: (Do not complete until an offer of employment is given)
- High School diploma/GED or official high school or college transcripts(for position requiring four year degrees)
- A Driver’s License Check – Official Ten Year Driving Record must be obtained from the SCDMV (no more than two points can be on the driving record)*
- TB Screening (Two-Step TB Test or Chest Xray with Signs & Symptoms Check)*
- Physical Examination*
- Medical Questionnaire
- South Carolina Law Enforcement Division Background Check for applicants residing in South Carolina at least one full year prior to application.*
- Finger Print Background Check for applicants who have NOT resided in South Carolina at least one full-year prior to application.*
- Department of Social Services Central Registry Check for Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation of Children and Vunerable Adults*
- A week-long training class**
*Please notice that there are costs associated with some of these items, which must be borne by the applicant.
**The required training is intended to provide basic skills for all new HCDSN employees. The learner will gain the essential skills and knowledge required to be able to teach, demonstrate and supervise our consumers. It is offered every month at no cost to the applicant, however it must be successfully passed beore an applicant can be offered employment. This is a non-paid week as the applicant is not, at this time, a HCDSN employee.
How to Apply for Employment with HCDSN
You may complete an employment application by using This Link. RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTED AS APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT.
If you are unable to use this link from your computer, computers are available in the lobby of the HCDSN administrative office at 250 Victory Lane, Conway, SC. during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm).
After your application has been reviewed, you may be contacted for further information and/or an interview.